911 Foundation & Roofing is proud to uphold the highest industry standards while providing you with quality, durable and environmentally friendly foundation and roofing repair material for residential and commercial. We guarantee our work and you can count on the guarantees of our suppliers for all the materials we use. Some of our products and installation have a lifetime warranty! 911 Foundation & Roofing is appropriately insured for all our projects.
Whenever you need help, do not hesitate to contact us. Our Emergency Response team is ready 24/7 to assist in every situation.
Basement Waterproofing Contractors and roofing Warranties – 5 Things to Consider
When making a decision on hiring a basement waterproofing contractor, most homeowners consider reputation, process, price and warranty. One common misconception is that a warranty is the same thing as a guarantee. While both serve as protection for the consumer, there is a big difference. A guarantee is an assurance that if a product or service doesn’t work, it will be replaced, typically at no charge. A warranty, on the other hand, acts more like an insurance policy.
It basically is a promise to provide service if something goes wrong. If you contract a basement waterproofing contractor to repair a foundation crack or install a drain tile system, you get a warranty, not a guarantee. So if it fails, you don’t get your money back. Instead, you are given a promise that the company will come back and take care of the problem:
- A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it. If they go out of business, your warranty means nothing.
- Companies often use a warranty as a marketing tool to “one up” their competition. If they are a lesser known company, or even worse, have a poor reputation, this sales tactic is probably the only thing keeping them in business. You may be in your house longer than they actually stay in business!
- Do not be afraid to question a contractor on how long the company has used a certain process. If they have only used a process for five years, how comfortable are you with their “lifetime warranty”?
- Make sure to read the fine print. Every company has a clause that basically says “We are not responsible for damage to property caused by water seepage”. Remember this is not a guarantee. If you need to use your warranty, the repair didn’t work, so pick a company with a good reputation and many years of experience to solve your problem the FIRST time.
- Bottom line: basing a purchase solely on a warranty is a recipe for disaster. Hire the right company with the best solution and everything else will fall into place.
Just so you know, we offer a lifetime warranty on some of our drain tile systems and crack repairs. Our business continues to grow year after year. “Lifetime” really means something when you’ve been in business this trade
Have questions about our warranty? We’d be happy to answer them.